Almost Off Grid Cider Making Kit.
- This Almost Off Grid Cider Kit contains all you need to make your first batch of cider from apple juice extracted from apples (not included).
Cider Kit Contents
- 1 x 1Gallon (5 Litre) PET plastic Demijohn
- 1 x Cap for Demijohn with bored hole, fitted with a PVC grommet to keep an airlock in place
- 1 x Bubbler Airlock with Dust Cap
- 1 x 100g tub of VWP Cleaner/Steriliser#
- 1 x tub of 50 Campden Tablets for treating your apple juice
- 1 x pack of Mangrove Jack’s M02 Cider Yeast
- 1 x Complete Syphon including a sediment trap, rigid syphon tube, PVC tubing, tap and a bucket clip.
- A basic cider recipe
Please note: to make cider you will also need apple juice, bottles, and (optional) sugar for carbonating your cider when you've bottled it. And if you want to know the alcohol content of your cider, you will need a hydrometer which is not included in this kit.
If you are considering making cider from apples for the first time and want an idea of what it involves, check out our blog post: A Beginner's Guide to Making Cider from Apples.
Bought the beginners cider pack & 2 extra plastic demijohns & 2 more different packets of yeast to go with the one in the pack.
There is an instruction sheet which is invaluable, but also see the blog on the website.
I’m making 3 batches of Perry & although it’s overkill, using a different packet of yeast per demijohn to see what’s best for future.
The delivery arrived quickly & I after following the prep instructions carefully, I have 3 bubbling demijohns full of Japanese pear juice (which had been frozen since last Sept).
There are other companies out there doing similar products, but I thought Almost off the grid offered best value for money.
No problems with order or delivery. Good back up guidance on line. Cider coming away nicely!
Ordered these well in advance as I needed them for early December, within an hour of ordering they were ready for collection. Fantastic service as usual. Thank you Bav and Andy. 10/10.
This kit has all you need plus the apples, we are just waiting and watching now...